Friday we started Memorial Day weekend with getting the fence in order and ready to go. Saturday we were up early and Thomas didn't even have time to give me a morning hug as "he and Dad had work to get to outside." They started to work and didn't stop until dinner time. Elin and I met a friend at the nursery so I could help her spend some money on plants and then we took all the kiddos (Dan, Gabe, Thomas and Elin) to get frozen yogurt.
We made a quick dinner inside and then it was an early bedtime for two tired kiddos and Mike and I too.
Sunday we thought we'd head over to Bainbridge Island and get out of the house. It was raining when we woke up but we still went anyway. The kiddos love going on the boat and it is a fun getaway for us. Elin slept the whole way over so the boys headed out on their own to explore the ferry. They saw a sailboat turned on its side on a sandbar at low tide. I don’t know the story behind that but I do know that there were very low tides over the weekend. Always something new and interesting on our adventures. We headed first to a park to let Stella out to run around play and then we headed in for lunch. We went to our tried and true lunch stop, although this trip we were not as impressed with the food. We then walked around the marina on a crab, sea star, and sea creature adventure. Thomas and Elin were both so brave and we had to continue to remind them about water safety.
After we explored and we headed back to the ferry to head home. It had cleared up nicely and I saw a bald eagle on the buoy with the city in the background. Pretty and it reminded me of why we were celebrating and made me think of all the heroes who are serving or have served our country. Mike and I both celebrated our Grandpa’s and their memory this and every Memorial Day.
The rest of the weekend we spent at home doing things around the house. We were rained in all day on Monday, but were all excited to have an extra day of Daddy time. The rain hampered our plans to finish the fence so that will happen another day, but we did get close!
No comments:
Post a Comment