Well as the title suggests we are entering into the world of Thomas nap uncertainty. Blah blah, tear, sniffle. It is bitter sweet in many ways about a month ago he decided he was all done taking naps and fought us on the weekends and me during the weeks about napping. This made for some pretty terrible afternoons as his over exhausted body was not ready for this, or I was not.
We came up with a “quite time” solution that was Thomas laying in his bed and watching a preferred movie which 75% of the time end up in him taking a nap. Funniest thing is though, if you ask him if he has napped, he will quickly tell you “no, I just watched a movie.” What it has helped him do is get a break from his action and on the days he doesn’t nap it just means a bedtime right after dinner or about 7 p.m.. What isn’t to love about both kids in bed so early you might ask? The hard part is then Mike gets very little time after getting home from work to play and wrestle and do all the “dad stuff” with the kiddos. I don’t know who hates that more Mike, Elin, Thomas or myself. Oh well after a couple weeks and some ugly learning curve moments we have figured it out. During the week I have been trying to talk to Thomas about the benefits of taking a nap and if Mike and I are wanting more alone time at night (say he has a homework assignment to do or I have a show I want to watch) we might let him skip a nap. If we have something big going on, I can still go lay with him if he hasn’t fallen asleep and talk to him about taking a nap so we can do awesome adventure _____.
In other sleep related news, little miss is trying sooo hard to keep up with the action and her brother that it is getting harder to get her a nap in the morning if we are out and about. If we are at home she will gladly take an hour to hour and a half nap in the morning. If out she will not fall asleep in the stroller, will fight it in the carrier (but then will usually fall asleep) but the car will always get her. On a no morning or short morning nap day, she will then take a super epic long nap in the afternoon, I’m talking a 3-4 hour nap.)
I am sure not ready for afternoon naptime to be over, I really love the mental break I get and I try to catch up on my own life and housework then. Sometimes I even sneak in and get an additional snuggle fix. Seriously can you blame me, I am working on this blog right now with these 2 beautiful sleeping babes on either side of me.
I also snapped this picture of Elin when she fell asleep. After waking up she then fell back asleep with me “shushing” her and her hand on my face. I have been seeing if she can do this more than always needing to be nursed and if not am happy to nurse her back to sleep. She has been able to fall asleep a few times like this, yay Elin!
No comments:
Post a Comment